A rare opportunity to own an iconic, brand new purpose-built rental apartment tower in the heart of New Westminster, BC. Known as “Novare”, this 26-storey property will feature 282 rental units plus 5,035 SF of commercial space. Over the last few years, New Westminster has undergone a huge revitalization program. There are numerous residential projects under construction, and with a long-term urban renewal plan well under way, it is poised to grow to a projected 103,864 people over the next 25 years.
- Brand new 26-storey concrete rental building comprising of a mix of studio, one and two-bedroom apartments, 8 three-bedroom townhouse units and a main level retail component of 5,035 SF (5 CRUs)
- Project built over a podium level of townhomes and three-levelunderground parkade
- Parking: there are a total of 181 stalls including residential, commercial, visitor and car-sharing
- The main floor features loading facilities, 359 bicycle storage stalls and 18 commercial / visitor parking stalls in addition to 3 vehicle sharing spots
- Amenities include a fitness room on the second floor, and amenity room on the 6th level, as well as various patio areas including landscaped rooftop deck on the 6th floor podium
- Access to upper level apartments is provided by three elevators and two stairwells
- Storage facilities on the 3rd floor and 400 SF meeting room on 4th floor
- Appliance package includes Whirpool fridge, stove, microwave,dishwasher, washer and dryer
Novare is situated on the northwest corner of Carnarvon Street and Sixth Street in historic Downtown New Westminster, BC. Columbia Street, two blocks south, is the main commercial/retail corridor in the Downtown area and offers numerous amenities, shopping, coffee shops and restaurants. Many of the older buildings in close proximity to the subject have undergone extensive revitalisation recently. Substantial new developments have taken place over the years with high-rise condominium projects situated in the downtown core, mostly very close to the Skytrain stations. Notable location highlights include Douglas College, the Anvil Centre, the Law Courts, City Hall and the waterfront Westminster Pier Park.
Novare is well serviced by public transportation. There are two Skytain stations conveniently located within the immediate area—the Columbia Station is a half-block, 3-minute walk to the east; the New Westminster Station is a 5 minute walk to the west. The SkyTrain travel time to Downtown Vancouver’s Waterfront Station is only 25 minutes. Major bus routes run along Sixth Street, Columbia Street, Royal Avenue, and Eighth Street.