Opportunity to acquire a premier residential development site located in the hub of the West Kootenays in the Waneta Village suburb of Trail, BC. Offering 360-degree river and mountain views, the subject is a fully serviced and zoned 9.0-acre land assembly with the potential to develop up to 377 multi-family suites and 24 duplex units. To download brochure, click here.
- Fully-serviced and zoned 9.0-acre land assembly located in the hub of the West Kootenays in the Waneta Village suburb of the City of Trail offering 360-degree river and mountain views.
- Comprised of two parcels, accommodating up to 377 multi-family residential units and 24 duplex units.
- Situated adjacent to Bear Creek Park, within level walking distance of Waneta Plaza regional shopping centre and Rosewood Village seniors complex.
- Close to the big-box Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart stores, Trail Regional Hospital, Red Mountain Ski Resort, two golf-courses and some great fishing.
- Within 6 km of the Trail all-weather airport, with daily scheduled flights to and from Vancouver.
- Tremendous economic development beginning to happen in the Waneta area.
- This is acknowledged to be the premier residential development site in the West Kootenays.
Economic development in the Waneta area
The following is a brief summary of some of the larger developments that are bringing an influx of new residents to Trail, such as consultants, contractors, trades, employees and support companies:
- Teck Resources now 17% owned by the China Investment Corporation (CIC); is the largest employer in the area and has begun a $1.2 Billion upgrading of facilities to be completed in the next few years.
- The Waneta Hydro Project and Dam is halfway into a $0.9 Billion upgrading.
- The Columbia River Treaty is overseeing the imminent construction of two new dams, both within 5 miles of Trail, to assist in the control and management of the entire Columbia River System: the Murphy Creek Hydro Electric Dam $5.0 Billion and the Lower Level Hydro Electric Dam, also a multi-billion dollar investment.
- The Trail Regional Hospital with 1,200 staff persons working in the Health Care in the Lower Columbia Area.
- The neighbouring Red Mountain Ski Resort was voted the “most improved North American Resort” at the 2013 World Snow Awards in the UK and the “number 8 place to visit in the world” by the New York Times (2013).