Pride of ownership! Carmel Apartments is a very well-maintained and updated 23-suite 3-storey apartment building located in the heart of Vancouver’s West End, only 3 blocks to Sunset Beach. Constructed in 1956, the building is improved on a 66’ × 131’ (8,646 SF) RM-5A zoned lot. The property features a penthouse suite, parking (8 secure + 5 surface stalls), laundry facilities (2 sets of washer/dryer), bike storage and storage lockers (19).
- Roof replacement (2004)
- Re-piping of the entire building (2005)
- New exterior stucco (2005)
- Exterior repainting (2006)
- Intercom replacement (2007)
- All new double-glazed windows (2005)
- Suites feature hardwood floors which were refinished at differing times
- Common area carpet replacement (2008)
- Lobby tiles replaced (2008)
- New sliding steel gate in parkade (2008)
- Boiler replacement (2013)
- Kitchen cabinets and appliances have been upgraded for most units
- Medicine cabinets, faucets and sinks have been upgraded for all units (2005)
- Each unit has been repainted as necessary on tenant turnover
- Minor repair and maintenance throughout the building at varying times
The West End is considered one of Vancouver’s most desirable rental markets and known as an established and dynamic neighbourhood located on the periphery of the downtown core.
Carmel Apartments is extraordinarily well located on Burnaby Street just west of Thurlow Street. Only one block away is Davie Street, a popular pedestrian shopping area considered “the main drag” of the neighbourhood. With a wide variety of shops, hotels, nightlife and bars, restaurants, and grocery stores, Davie Street offers an abundance of things to do on any given day. Robson Street, Vancouver’s pre-eminent high-end shopping destination, is only a 10-minute walk. The property is also located within walking distance of numerous transit options providing connections to all areas of Metro Vancouver. Finally, Carmel Apartments is situated only 3 blocks to Sunset Beach and close to the lush greenery of the world famous thousand-acre Stanley Park.
|No. units||Average size||Average rent|
|1 bedroom||No. units20||Average rent$1,311|
|2 bedroom||No. units2||Average rent$1,881|
|2 bedroom penthouse||No. units1||Average rent$1,982|
|Financing||Treat as clear title.|
|Income and expenses|
Net operating income
For current rent roll and expense statement, click here.
The information contained herein was obtained from sources which we deem reliable, and while thought to be correct, is not guaranteed by Goodman Commercial.